ArvinMeritor Inc. will close its Light Vehicle Systems (LVS) Aperatures plant in Gordonsville, TN, by August. The move comes as a result of cost-cutting efforts but also is being blamed on overcapacity in the North American passenger car components market. Gordonsville employs 317 fulltime workers and produces window regulators and sunroof systems. Additionally, ArvinMeritor is laying off 275 other LVS employees. The work will be moved to ArvinMeritor’s Detroit; Marion, SC; Franklin, IN; and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.