Toyota Tsusho Corp., 21.8% owned by Toyota Motor Corp., secures low-cost loans valued up to $120 million from the Japanese government to take a stake in a lithium project operating in northern Argentina by Australian-listed Orocobre Ltd. High-quality lithium is used in hybrid and electric-car batteries. Toyota Tsusho will provide $4.5 million to fund the completion of a feasibility study this year, and take a 25% stake in the project thereafter. Orocobre will continue to own 75% of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.