Dow Kokam MI LLC, a joint venture formed last year between Dow Chemical Co. and South Korea’s TK Advanced Battery LLC, will construct a 400,000-sq.-ft. (37,160-sq.-m) facility in Midland, MI, to produce lithium-polymer batteries for electric vehicles, The Detroit News reports. The plant entails a $294 million investment from Dow Kokam over the next three years and will create at least 320 fulltime jobs by February 2014. Heavy-truck and bus maker Scania AB signs a 3-year contract extension ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.