The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. says it will shutter its Somerton, Australia, facility as part of its strategy to reduce high-cost manufacturing capacity worldwide. The supplier says talks are ongoing with the plant’s 600 workers regarding the closure, which will occur by the end of December. Goodyear also plans to invest $1 billion-$1.3 billion annually over the next two years in China, the U.S., Brazil, Chile, Germany and Poland to modernize facilities and expand emerging-market ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.