Germany-based SGL Carbon Group and BMW AG are partnering to establish a E90 million ($133 million) joint venture for the production of carbon fibers and textile semi-finished products for use in new-vehicle concepts. Subject to approval, the JV will be operated through two companies, SGL Automotive Carbon Fibers LLC, based in North America, and SGL Automotive Fibers GmbH & Co. KG, based in Germany. BMW says the JV initially will create about 180 jobs in the two countries. The auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.