ThyssenKrupp AG, Germany’s largest steel maker, will build a new greenfield mill in Mount Vernon, AL. Investment in the carbon and stainless steel plant will total $4.2 billion, with the facility slated to be operational in 2010. The plant will employ 2,700 people and generate at least 38,000 indirect jobs in the region over the next 20 years, ThyssenKrupp says. Denso Corp. and Aisan Industry Co. Ltd., both affiliated with Toyota Motor Corp., reportedly plan to buy shares in each other as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.