Federal-Mogul says it has developed an innovative elastomeric compound named K16 that eliminates the costly and energy-intensive curing process used throughout the auto industry. The supplier says the compound improves its Unipiston-bonded hydraulic clutch pistons and enables it to minimize the environmental footprint of its manufacturing operations, with significant reductions in carbon-dioxide emissions and natural-gas consumption. Federal-Mogul says the production of bonded piston ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.