U.S. suppliers, acting through the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Assn., reportedly are seeking $20.5 billion in aid from the federal government to survive the economic downturn. The suppliers are asking for $10 billion in direct loans from the U.S. government and another $10.5 billion that would flow through the Detroit Three auto makers. Inilex Inc. is supplying Ford, Lincoln and Mercury owners with its global-positioning system-based SmartAlert products, which provide nationwide ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.