Chrysler Group LLC is looking for a new battery supplier after A123 Systems Inc. withdraws from the Fiat 500 electric-vehicle project following the battery maker’s second-quarter loss of $34.2 million, compared with a loss of $21.9 million year-ago, Freep.com reports. Chrysler and Massachusetts-based A123, which has a battery plant in Livonia, MI, announced their partnership last March. They planned to start producing battery-powered Fiat 500 EVs in 2012 at Chrysler's Toluca, Mexico, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.