Mitsubishi chooses Toshiba’s rechargeable battery for two new models of its electric vehicles coming out later this year in Japan. A lower-priced version of the i-MiEV all-electric car, which Mitsubishi plans to roll out this summer, will feature Toshiba’s super-charge ion battery, or SCiB. Another electric car, the Minicab-MiEV small commercial van set for launch in the fourth quarter, also will be powered by the SCiB battery, the companies confirm. Toshiba says it will manufacture ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.