Federal-Mogul unveils high-voltage cables that will help protect occupants of electric and hybrid-electric vehicles in the event of a crash. A new material the supplier calls “CrushShield” surrounds the cables to prevent errant current flow. CrushShield also meets new U.S. federal vehicle safety regulations and is already in production for a market-leading hybrid vehicle, the supplier says. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 305, which takes effect Sept. 1, requires manufacturers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.