American Axle & Manufacturing is closing its gear-making plant in Cheektowaga, NY. The action comes after United Auto Workers members on July 31 rejected a new contract containing more concessions, according to the union. The Cheektowaga plant employs about 100 hourly and salaried workers and will be shut sometime after Feb. 25, American Axle says. Earlier last month, the company announced it is closing its Detroit plant – putting about 300 people out of work – after workers there ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.