BASF and Ford develop a castor oil-based foam product to be used in the instrument panel of the ’12 Focus. Ford says the castor oil blend is stronger than previously used material, with 36% better tensile strength, a measure of the foam’s ability to hold its shape over time and use. It is more tear-resistant and minimizes component stretch to help airbags deploy more effectively. The product makes the instrument panel feel softer to the touch and takes 43% less time to cure than ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.