Kyoto, Japan-based Nidec plans to invest ¥40 billion-¥50 billion ($489 million-$611 million) over the next five years to scale up production of automotive motors. The supplier will raise output of electric-power steering motors to 20 million units in fiscal 2015. It also plans a nearly 10-fold increase in output of motors for dual-clutch transmissions and oil pumps. Nidec intends to enlarge its production line at its Pinghu, China, factory that now makes all its EPS motors. The supplier ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.