BorgWarner Inc. expects production of its DualTronic dual-clutch automated manual transmission modules to increase fivefold over the next six years, fueled by worldwide demand for more fuel-efficient systems. At full launch of contracted programs in 2012-2013, approximately 2.3 million DualTronic units will be provided to customers, up from 450,000 today, the supplier says. Existing customers including Volkswagen AG and its Audi AG and Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. units, Shanghai Automotive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.