DaimlerChrysler AG’s Chrysler Group spent $3.8 billion with minority-owned suppliers in 2005, a 13% share of its total purchasing and a $400 million increase over 2004. The auto maker says it has sourced more than $31 billion in business from minority suppliers since 1983. In addition, with support from the National Minority Supplier Development Council and the Canadian Aboriginal Minority Supplier Council, Chrysler says it expects its Tier 1 suppliers to source at least 8% of their ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.