Tower Automotive Inc. says it’s moving production of frames for Ford Motor Co.’s Ranger pickup from its current site in Milwaukee to its Bellevue, OH, business unit. A Tower official says the move will result in improved returns on an existing frame platform. Relocation will be complete in June 2004, says Tower, with annual cash savings of about $10 million. Some 250 workers in Milwaukee are affected. However, Tower will continue to employ about 560 people there. Intermet Corp. will close ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.