BorgWarner Inc. will produce engine-timing systems for Fiat Powertrain Technologies' new 2-cyl. Twin-Air engine, including a 65-hp naturally aspirated and 85- and 105-hp turbocharged variants. The only 2-cyl. car engine available in Europe, the new Twin-Air mill achieves the lowest emissions for a gasoline-powered vehicle, emitting just 95 g/km of carbon dioxide, BorgWarner says. Debuting in the Fiat 500 this fall, the engine is expected to be available in several other small cars. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.