General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co. and Chrysler LLC reportedly are seeking backup suppliers in case production is halted at Plastech Engineered Products Inc. A proposed $200 million bailout by the Detroit Three auto makers and Johnson Controls Inc. to stablize the struggling supplier now appears uncertain. The four parties unsuccessfully attempted a $46 million bailout of Plastech, the industry's largest minority-owned supplier, in early 2007. GM reportedly has sought quotes from other ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.