American Axle & Mfg. Holdings Inc., in a U.S. filing, says it will eliminate about 15% of its 2,000 salaried positions and reveals it has an agreement with the United Auto Workers union to pay new hires $27 per hour in wages and benefits, down from about $66 hourly for current UAW workers, Bloomberg News reports. Johnson Controls Inc. reportedly will turn over four of its North American plastics parts plants to Plastech Engineered Products Inc., which will use the facilities to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.