What do Federal-Mogul Corp., Hayes Lemmerz International Inc. and Valeo SA’s Valeo Electrical Systems Inc. (VESI) unit have in common? They all filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection last year. And they’re not the only suppliers in trouble. According to A.T. Kearney’s sixth annual study analyzing the financial performance of automotive companies, some 36% of the world’s automotive suppliers are threatened by either high debt and/or low liquidity. What’s caused this situation and what ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Solutions: How to Stem the Losses" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.