More than 1,200 workers at Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd.’s Geelong and Campbellfield plants in Victoria are idled after a strike at a parts supplier hampers vehicle production. The action was taken after 240 workers at plastics manufacturer Venture Industries Australia Pty. Ltd. went on strike following failed negotiations over voluntary redundancies. Ford uses the just-in-time manufacturing process with Venture and was affected within 20 minutes of the start of the strike. “The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Strike Results in Layoffs at Ford Australia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.