A recently released survey by IRN Inc., automotive consulants based in Grand Rapids, MI, finds suppliers increasingly resisting higher cost-cutting demands by OEMs, while Tier 1 suppliers are becoming more persistent in their demands from their suppliers. The third annual IRN Automotive Supplier Pricing Survey finds that while OEMs are asking for bigger cost reductions compared to two years ago — 5.4% in 2001, an increase of 13% since 1999 — suppliers only gave reductions in the 3% range ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Survey: Higher Cut Demands" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.