SUNDERLAND, U.K. – By changing most of its supply base for the new Micra just launched here, Nissan Motor Mfg. (U.K.) Ltd. has cut the cost of manufacturing the car from $7,661 for the old version to $5,808. Nissan's Sunderland plant to rely less on U.K. suppliers. There were two factors: getting away from supplies purchased in British pounds, and going to higher volumes thanks to switching to a shared platform with Renault SA. The strength of the British pound compared to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Switch Saves Nissan $1,800 on New Micra" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.