A year of disgruntled shareholders and disappointing returns and the impending downturn in vehicle sales must be weighing heavily on the supply side of the auto industry. The frustration came spilling over in late December, as top supplier executives were publicly blasting automakers for their disregard for supplier profitability and for a wave of new price cuts being forced on partsmakers. In the past, such grumbling was shared over cocktails or in board rooms. In a surprising outburst, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Suppliers Fed Up with Strongarming" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.