HAWTHORNE, NY – Forecasting a skyrocketing demand for telematics systems in passenger vehicles by the end of the decade, an IBM Corp. executive predicts future wireless innovations will provide drivers with delivery of far more automated information and applications to and from the vehicle. Delphi has sold 3 million telematics devices while IBM has ambitious goals for the segment. These systems most likely will be digital instead of analog and will seamlessly incorporate cell ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Suppliers Target Bigger Telematics Share" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.