General Motors Corp.'s Oldsmobile Div. says a shortage of supply is hampering sales of its new Alero sedan. “Our biggest issue, and this is a good one, is that we're short of stock,” says an Oldsmobile executive. “I don't know if there's too many other car brands that can say that.” The problem is that both the Alero and the Pontiac Grand Am, which share an assembly line at GM's Lansing, MI, “C” plant, have been enjoying relatively strong sales through the first three months of 1999. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supply Shortage Limiting Alero Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.