More Stories It was just a few months ago that Ward's reported on Ford Motor Co.’s admission that it had outsourced too much product development to its suppliers, and that the No.2 auto maker now wants to reclaim some of that engineering responsibility. (See related story: Ford Insources Engineering Responsibility) This year’s Supplier Survey confirms this strategic move, as 26% of supplier respondents report Ford is the most aggressive in bringing work back inhouse. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Survey Confirms Ford Insourcing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.