SALT LAKE CITY, UT – Here’s a recipe for disaster in the auto industry: Introduce a new product in a new segment with a name no one can pronounce. But don’t tell the folks at Volkswagen of America, who are giddy about their first-ever cross/utility vehicle, the Touareg (Tour-regg). First, let’s clear up the name. It loosely means “free folk” and is derived from a nomadic tribe in the Sahara desert. That makes the name selection as clear as mud. Once you get past that, VW’s new CUV is a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SUV Drivers Wanted" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.