Ford Motor Co. has sent written notice it has extended the warranty to six years or 72,000 miles (116,000 km) on camshaft chain tensioners and lower intake manifold gaskets in 4L SOHC V-6 engines used in 1997- to 2000-model Explorer/Mountaineer and Explorer/Sport Trac vehicles. This raises the ironic possibility that vehicle owners who carefully maintain and drive their vehicles may extend the onset of the indicated problems to beyond the new 6/72 warranty term and have to pay for repairs ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SUV engines get better warranty, owners advice" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642