PARIS ‚Äď That the European marketplace turned conservative this year is no surprise, but an analysis of registrations in 29 countries for the first nine months of 2008 does have several surprises. For one, says consultant Jean-Michel Prillieux at Mavel SA in France, sales of SUVs have wavered only slightly from last year, with 9.7% of the market, just below 2007‚Äôs record 9.9%. Sales of Japanese and Korean SUVs have declined, with the exception of the Nissan Qashqai, says Prillieux, but ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SUVs Hang Tough Amid Europe‚Äôs Slumping Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.