CHICAGO – SUVs are becoming problem children for the used-vehicle industry as their residual values weaken rapidly. SUVs like the Ford Explorer are coming off lease with residuals well below their projected values. Droves of SUVs are coming off lease with actual residuals well below their projected values. The wide disparity has caught residual predictors and others off guard and pushed prices down. Worse, pickup trucks could be next. "SUVs will present a serious problem," ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SUVs: Problem Children of Used-Vehicle Industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.