Suzuki Motor Corp. has cut its holding in Chongquing Changan Automobile Co. Ltd. by more than half to 4.984%. Suzuki reportedly sold a total of 61.37 million B shares in Changan, 5.003% of its share capital. Suzuki now holds 61.13 million shares in the auto maker, or 4.984%. Changan and Suzuki have a joint venture to make compact cars. Changan also currently is building a $98 million 50/50 assembly plant with Ford Motor Co. that is slated to begin production in fourth quarter 2002. It is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Suzuki Cuts Changan Stake by More Than Half" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.