SOUTHFIELD, MI – Suzuki Motor Corp. is at the prototype stage for the all-new compact cross/utility vehicle due next year that will replace the Grand Vitara and discontinued Vitara SUVs. While the old Vitara and Grand Vitara were body-on-frame SUVs, the replacement is a rear-wheel-drive CUV of unibody construction, Odeon Dy, American Suzuki Motor Corp. product planning manager tells Ward’s at a media event here. Suzuki Grand Vitara The new RWD platform has produced a prototype and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Suzuki Going Unibody on Pair of CUVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.