ALTON, VA – Although it expected volume to be small – and it is, American Suzuki Motor Corp. nevertheless wants to sell more Equator compact pickups. A twin of the Nissan Frontier, Suzuki has delivered 2,033 of the trucks this year through September, Ward’s data shows. The Equator, built at Nissan North America Inc.’s Smyrna, TN, plant, was launched in December 2008. But an American Suzuki official says the auto maker could have sold more of the pickups if it had correctly predicted the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Suzuki Hopes Equator Mix Fix Will Boost Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.