VANCOUVER – Suzuki Motor Corp. launches the third-generation '06 Grand Vitara with an old engine, but new powertrains are in the works as it seeks to grow and reposition the brand in the U.S. The 2.7L DOHC V-6 in the new 5-passenger Grand Vitara cross/utility vehicle is borrowed from the Suzuki XL-7 midsize SUV. (See related story: Grand Vitara Reinvented as Aggressive CUV) '06 Suzuki Grand Vitara But the 10-year-old engine has been modified for the Grand Vitara, says Koji Yamada, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Suzuki Powering Up for Growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.