NEW DELHI — Suzuki Motor Corp. waives its first right of refusal in the purchase of an up-for-grabs stake in Maruti Udyog Ltd., indicating it is not interested in buying out the remaining 50% stake in its Indian joint venture (see WAI — July '01, p.8). The JV, which began as a 50/50 partnership between Suzuki and the Indian government, has been hanging in the balance ever since India announced plans to divest its holdings in the company. The government now can proceed with its plans, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Suzuki refuses remaining Maruti stake" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.