CHICAGO – Big isn’t always better, insists Gene Brown, vice president-marketing and product planning for American Suzuki Motor Corp., the small Japanese importer. At a visit with the Midwest Automotive Media Assn. here, Brown is asked how Suzuki can survive when large companies such as General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co., and Chrysler LLC struggle and need federal funds to keep going. “It’s a tough ride for everyone right now, and no one is dodging the bullet,” Brown says. “There is no ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Suzuki Sees Small Size a Plus" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.