American Suzuki Motor Corp. was the first automaker to offer V-6 power in the small sport/utility vehicle (SUV) segment when it introduced the Grand Vitara in 1998. Now, the company says its '01 Grand Vitara XL-7 will be the first small SUV to market offering standard 7-passenger seating. But it's hard to call this extended Grand Vitara small. It's 18 ins. longer than the Toyota RAV4 and 10 ins. longer than the Ford Escape. Besides, the XL-7 is the biggest passenger vehicle Suzuki has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Suzuki Stretches Grand Vitara" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.