The mischievous might call it “four play” as Ford Motor Co. comes tantalizingly close to the 400-hp mark with its ’03 SVT Mustang Cobra. Unveiled Feb. 7 at the Chicago Auto Show, the first new SVT Cobra since the ’01 model year is expected to generate 390 hp, 70 more ponies than its previous incarnation. And it uses a 6-speed Tremac manual transmission to get there, joining 170-hp stablemate SVT Focus – which bowed in Chicago last year – as the only Ford production vehicles to boast six ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SVT Cobra Has Six Appeal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.