Ford Motor Co.'s award-winning 2.5L Duratec engine that powers the SVT Contour soon will begin appearing in Ford's European Mondeo. Ford will begin selling a 200-hp version of the Mondeo later this year called the Mondeo ST 200. Job 1 for the new performance Mondeo is in May, the same month the vehicle is expected to go on sale. Like the engines that appear in the SVT Contour, the Mondeo ST 200's V-6 will be built at Ford's Cleveland, OH, plant. That same SVT engine also is being ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SVT Engine Headed to Europe; Cougar S Near" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.