TAIPEI – Formosa Automobile Corp. is negotiating with China's Zhejiang Geely Automobile Holdings Ltd. to form a joint venture to produce passenger cars. If negotiations are successful, the partnership will set up an assembly plant in Ningbo, China, with FAC abandoning earlier plans to build a factory at Kunshan, China. Sources here say FAC also has been negotiating with Lotus Engineering plc and hopes to contract Lotus to design a vehicle that would be produced both at the planned Ningbo ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Taiwan, China Auto Makers Eye Car-Building JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.