TAIPEI – Four top Taiwanese executives have signed on to purchase DaimlerChrysler AG’s new Maybach 62 luxury car, sources here say. The news that potential buyers are not put off by the Maybach 62's hefty price tag of $896,000 is an indication Taiwan’s economy is back on track, industry watchers say. Although the identity of the four purchasers has not been made public, it is commonly believed one of them is Jeffrey Koo, president of Chinatrust Financial Holdings and among Taiwan's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Taiwanese Executives Consider Maybach Purchase" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.