Talks have broken off between DaimlerChrysler AG and FAW Car Co. concerning a possible joint venture to produce heavy trucks in China. FAW reportedly was unwilling to accept a minority share in the venture, which has been under discussion for the past two years, says Reuters. However, it was DC truck head Eckhard Cordes who called an end to the negotiations. DC now says it will look for another, smaller, Chinese partner.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Talks Between DC, FAW for Truck JV Fail" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.