GENEVA – Despite the delay in Fiat Automobiles SpA’s plans to build the Tata Xenon pickup late this year at its plant in Cordoba, Argentina, the deal still has legs, insists Tata Motors Ltd. Chairman Ratan Tata during the crush of a media scrum at the recent auto show here. Asked about the state of the Xenon arrangement, Tata says it’s “hopefully, pretty good.” Fiat and Tata sealed the $80 million project last February, which would see the Italian auto maker building its first ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tata Delays Fiat Pickup Deal in Favor of Thai Partnership" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.