MUMBAI – Tata Motors Ltd. and the Indian Space Research Organization plan to jointly develop a prototype hydrogen-fuel vehicle by December 2008. ISRO has developed a cryogenic engine for rockets that combines hydrogen and oxygen and will use this expertise to convert hydrogen into electricity to help power vehicles. Tata will convert the electricity into mechanical power, thus eliminating an internal combustion engine. It also will produce the vehicles, likely to be buses first followed by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tata Driving Toward Green Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.