Tata Motor Thailand files a complaint with the Indian Embassy in Bangkok, saying Thailand's first-time car buyer program breaches trade rules by discriminating against imported vehicles. The Indian auto maker says it will cancel plans to import the low-priced Nano if changes are not made. The Bangkok Post reports other importers also are expected to complain through diplomatic channels after Thai Finance Ministry officials dismissed their concerns about the “impractical and unfair ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tata Files Complaint Over Thai Rebate Policy That Excludes Imports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.