MUMBAI – The most inexpensive car from Tata Motors Ltd. (TML), the no frills-Nano, also is one of the most fuel-efficient production vehicles in the market. Officially on sale here next week after six long years in development, the Nano has aspirations for entering the European market in 2011 and ultimately reaching U.S. shores. Powered by a rear-mounted 0.6L gasoline engine equipped with a specially designed multipoint fuel-injection system from Germany’s Robert Bosch GmbH, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tata Has Global Ambitions for Fuel-Efficient, Low-Cost Nano" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.