JAMSHEDPUR, India â€“ A century old, Tata Steel Ltd.â€™s plant here not only is the leading supplier of high-quality steel to the countryâ€™s auto industry, it is rapidly expanding as it becomes modernized and automated. Strategically located near Indiaâ€™s best coking coal and iron ore mines, the facility has eight blast furnaces and 14,000 employees. â€œOur existing hot-rolling and cold-rolling mills have sufficient capacities to serve the steel demand of automotive customers until 2010-2011, but ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tata Steel Expanding in Response to Indiaâ€™s Growing Auto Sector" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.