The airbags on Ford Motor Co.’s ’00 Taurus/Sable midsize cars are being investigated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. because they may not inflate in a collision. NHTSA has received 14 complaints and there has been one reported death due to an airbag that didn’t inflate in a 43-mph (69 km/h) crash. Some 480,000 vehicles are being investigated and could be recalled if the U.S. government agency finds a widespread defect.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Taurus and Sable Airbags Being Investigated" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.